Monday, August 16, 2010

Just a note

Sanibonani, Bekunene!

I don't have time to write an actual post, but I just wanted to drop a note to say that YES I am alive, and YES I am making progress on my big water project, and YES I will post an actual blog (with photos) later this week. Probably Wednesday, but no promises.

My last couple of weeks have been hectic beyond my wildest dreams, and today marks the beginning of the last full week I have in my community before I leave so I'm SUPER stressed. While I am excited for my post-Peace Corps plans (Zanzibar, Swahili classes in Tanzania, hanging out with the parentals, grad school, etc.), leaving Swaziland is more difficult than I anticipated, both mentally and physically. I've got a million things left to do (mostly admin stuff for my project and for Peace Corps), plus I have to say a thousand goodbyes and somehow still find time to spend with all the people I love. And pack. And ship stuff home. And make jewelry gifts for people. And finish my Rosetta Stone for Swahili. And eat all the foods (fat cakes, emahewu, Nik-Naks, etc.) that I know I will miss.

It's crazy, but I've only got 18 days before I'm in Zanzibar! Until then...

Love from the Swaz!
Justine

No comments: