Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photos that wouldn't load last time...


Ncobile, one of my students at Hluti Central High School, teaching all of us how to weave grass chicken nests. I'm a terrible chicken nest weaver.


Two kids at the water pump in my community. When the borehole on my homestead goes dry, this is where we (or, more accurately, my sisi) get water. It's about a 20 minute walk from my house, but I'm allowed to use the one at the chief's homestead, which is about a 2 minute walk.


Me and Eliza. She's the more obnoxious one of the two puppies. Maggie behaves and likes being cuddled, but Eliza barks and growls and likes to pull my hair.


Mkelo and Kwanele drawing themselves on the floor of my house. I recently discovered that sidewalk chalk is really fun on my floor.


Me painting the Swazi map with Rob (he's taking the photo). The world map is done now, too, thanks to Chad and Orion who came to visit from the US and helped me finish it.


This is my favorite picture ever! This is my Gogo (Grandma) with Eliza and Maggie (Maggie has the spot on her head, Eliza's head is just one continuous black area). Note the polka dots on the wall behind her. That's the most recent re-painting of my house. It's adorable! (But not as adorable as Gogo and the pups)

2 comments:

Erin said...

The puppies are so big already! I love the pictures!

202 days!

Grandma said...

Hi Justine
I love reading your blog, and check it every day.
Your World map looks GREAT, and it is "perdy". I had to laugh at that, but am wondering what your former English teachers are thinking. Just kidding.
The puppies look so good, but they should have their first shots for Parvo at six or seven weeks. Parvo may not be as prevelent there as here, but when they get it they can be dead within twelve hours. It might be a good idea to call the Vet's office, and ask about the Parvo shot, when the first one should be given. Then they have another shot every two weeks, the last one at sixteen weeks of age. If the Mother dog's shots were not up to date the puppies would have no immunity. And that may be more than you really wanted to know.
I'm putting your quilt in the quilting machine this afternoon, and hope to get it in the mail to you in the next few days.
Keep up the good work, and STAY SAFE. Love and miss you!